Thursday, August 9, 2012

Richeson 75 Figure/Portrait Exhibition

Well, I guess it's the busy season in the exhibition world.  I was just notified that two of my works were selected for exhibition in the Richeson 75 Figure/Portrait Exhibition 2012.  This is quite a big national show, and happens to be right here in Wisconsin.  I haven't made the cut the last few years, so I'm pretty excited to be a part of it this year.  My two paintings, The Welder and The Call, were accepted into the show, and a third, Cave Man, will be published with the others in the book for the show.  No word on if any of them will appear in the movie adaptation.


The Call, another painting of my friend Tim.  
The Welder is feeling a little over-exposed.

Cave Man, a recent self-portrait.  This work will be included in the exhibition book that Richeson creates for their shows.  I wrote about the meaning behind this piece here
Here is a link where you can pre-order the exhibition book, if you are interested in that sort of thing.  Pre-order is the only way to be sure you get one, since they tend to sell out quickly once the show opens.

No comments: