Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"The Welder" Accepted to Salmagundi Club Exhibition

I just found out that I was accepted into the Salmagundi Non-Members Exhibition!  This show is put on by the venereble Salmagundi Club in New York City.  This is the second year I was accepted, and it's really an honor.  After last year, I thought there was no way I'd be able to pull it off again, and it really forced me to step up my game.  That trip was really life-changing, and I met so many wonderful people.  I really hope to be able to make it out there again.

I've really been pushing myself to take my work where it needs to go, and this trip was a huge part of that.  I'm really excited to share some of the pieces I have in the works soon.  I feel like I'm finally starting to say the things I need to say with my work.

My painting of my friend Josh is the piece I will be sending.  People really seem to single this one out and relate to it, and I'm fortunate that I was able to convince Josh to sit for me.  Well, I'm not sure if it was me or a few beers that did the convincing, but I'd say it worked out.  Thanks Josh!


2 comments:

Lynnae said...

Congratulations Matt! How exciting for you. Keep drawing and posting. Love your work so!

buzzbabyjesus said...

Congrats! Excellent painting. I'm in the show, too.